Odhikar has been monitoring the State of Emergency since its imposition on 11 January 2007. The democratic and human rights concerns Odhikar has been raising since the political, constitutional and human rights crisis started to deepen in Bangladesh.
This report covers:
- Democratic & human rights concern under ‘State of emergency’
- Experience of election observers
- Neither truth nor justice – the Truth and Accountability Commission
- Legislative authority of the caretaker government
- Government failed to protect its nationals
- Unending torture
- Not crossfires but killings
- Universal Periodic Review Report must state facts
The report closes with 6 recommendations to the government of Bangladesh.
State of Emergency Report 19 months-2008 (full text in English, PDF)