Odhikar continues monitoring human rights issues including infringement of rights during the State of Emergency proclaimed on January 11, 2007. This is the monitoring report on human rights issues during the 13 months of the State of Emergency.
- Emergency power rule and torture
- Extra judicial killings
- Custodial deaths other than reported extrajudicial killing
- Eviction of slum dwellers
- Free detained workers and peasants
- Arrest, detention and trial
The report closes with 7 recommendations to the Government.
13 Months-State of Emergency Report-2008 (full text in English, PDF)