The August 2010 monthly human rights monitoring report describes the human rights situation in Bangladesh, specifically describing the following areas:
- Amar Desh Acting Editor Mahmudur Rahman and journalist Oliullah Noman imprisoned for Contempt of Court
- Arrests of Trade Union leader, NGO activists and garment workers
- Odhikar rejects the statement of DG, RAB regarding extrajudicial killings
- Youth released by RAB after a long detention
- Police disperse meetings and human chains
- Attack on religious minority communities
- Continuation of political violence
- Police baton charge at students of Chittagong University
- Verdict of the BDR mutiny case at Sylhet
- Violence against women continues.
The report closes with statistics on violations and a list of 9 recommendations to the government of Bangladesh.
human rights monitoring-monthly report-Aug 2010-eng (full text in English, PDF)
human rights monitoring-monthly report-Aug 2010-ben (full text in Bangla, PDF)